The idea of making all things new strikes me all the time. I just keep thinking about the beauty of it. That which is broken will be fixed, sickness healed, unjust made right, sorrow to gladness and death will give way to life. It must be because of all the brokenness that I am confronted with, from silly things like brand new clothes getting stained, things breaking down and becoming useless, to relationships that are strained or seem to fall apart.
We all yearn to be delivered from the old, broken, dying world where we live, don't we?
The good news is we can be delivered now!
We don't have to wait.
When we say no to the wrong we do,
and yes to the life He offers and trust
in the sacrifice already made on our behalf,
the process begins.
We are brand new!
It is a process that I have seen both my brother and sister go through recently and I cannot describe the excitement that they have because they are new creations. While it's true we are still "stuck" in this body with its wrong desires, we cannot go back to being old again. A whole new person is born and there is a desire to learn, grow, and change into the image of the one who created him/her.
Even still, my soul longs for the time when I will be free from the struggle in my self against, well, my self. I want to see Him make all things new.
| The happy newlyweds. Rick and Pam. |
| My sister Renee. Together again! |